Friday, April 9, 2010

Let me start with a brief background

Hi!

I have been working as a freelance software solutions developer since 1990. I started my career with developing software in Clipper under the DOS environment. I shifted to Visual Basic under Windows sometime around 1998.

By 2004, I laid Clipper/DOS development to rest and stopped even support and maintenance under this environment.

By end of 2007 I had started using ASP.NET to support the web-enabled reporting requirement of my applications and by the end of 2009 I had adopted VB.Net as my preferred platform for development. All new assignments are being developed in VB.

Presently, I am using the Express Editions of VB 2008 / SQL Server 2008 to meet my development requirements.

Over time, I have fine-tuned my own set of utilities, tools and resuable code. Microsoft's exhaustive documentation along with Internet and its vast pool of information have been instrumental in helping me overcome any hurdles that I have faced over the years. I do not remember any instance where I have had to turn down any of my customers' request due to lack of technical skills.

I would like add to this vast collection of information on the Internet and share some information that I feel will be helpful to others like me.

Please feel free to comment and discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment